Engaging in do-it-yourself (DIY) projects with your child can be a fantastic way to bond while also teaching them valuable skills. In this article, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions and materials needed for creating homemade stress balls and fidget toys that are safe, cost-effective, and fun to make.
1. Homemade Stress Balls
- Flour or rice
- Stretch a balloon to make it easier to fill.
- Insert a funnel into the balloon opening.
- Pour flour or rice into the funnel to fill the balloon.
- Tie a knot at the end of the balloon.
- Squeeze and squish your homemade stress ball!
2. Pipe Cleaner Fidget Toys
- Pipe cleaners in various colors
- Beads or buttons
- a. Bend and twist pipe cleaners into various shapes, such as loops or spirals.
- b. Slide beads or buttons onto the pipe cleaners to add texture and sensory stimulation.
- c. Create different designs and shapes to keep things interesting.
3. Tactile Sensory Stones**
- Smooth, flat stones
- Paints or markers
- a. Clean and dry the stones.
- b. Paint or decorate the stones with various patterns, textures, and colors.
- c. Once dry, these tactile sensory stones can be used as fidget toys.
4. Velcro and Fabric Fidgets
- Velcro strips
- Fabric scraps
- a. Cut fabric scraps into small squares or rectangles.
- b. Attach one side of the Velcro strip to the fabric.
- c. Attach the other side of